American History II Flipped Instruction How To:
Below is a magic button to a google doc that will lay out American History II (1877 - present) content using 34 videos produced by myself, a 27 year veteran teacher at Leesville Road High School. I made most of these videos in 2013 when I realized we no longer had enough textbooks at my school. Production options have come a long way since then, but my students still say these videos are perfectly sufficient to meet their purpose and I'm choosing the believe them. Their grades and performance in my class support that claim. They took many hours to make, and so I'm with the kids : )
Let's LEARN! : )
- Each video lasts about 15 minutes and has an accompanying graphic organizer you fill out while you watch.
- The google doc has links to both the video and the worksheet.
- If you email me or contact me, I can send you a "keys chart" with the keys / peer notes to the graphic organizers worksheets.
- The "key chart" also has a quiz that goes with each video and I provide a key to that as well. I use these quizzes in my lower level classes and different ones for honors students. Then honors ones are not objective and are therefore harder to share and grade.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org, friend me / message me on Facebook. etc.
- I will need to verify you are not a student . In your email, if I don't know you, convince me you are not a student or tell me the name of a common acquaintance that will verify.
- If I give you the link to the key chart, don't screw it up for the rest of us and share it with a student. The temptation to share it far and wide and gain some social capital in the process would be too great for most and then all the resources are compromised to a significant degree.
- Some nice person reading this is going to think they need to compensate me in some way for the hundreds of hours this took me to do. You do not. It would be the joy of my life for these resources to be used to further civic knowledge and understanding in some way. That is why I created them. I can't get the time with my family back, so it's better that they get used as widely as possible. If anything I hope these resources help you spend more time with those you love, or eases your mind during a time you must be absent, or helps you make sure your child / student is an educated citizen. These are all worthy goals and I am honored to play a part.
Let's LEARN! : )